[hpsdr] Penny PTT unkeying spike - T/R sequencing?

Tom Cathey k1jj at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 18:22:07 PST 2011

Just to keep the thread updated and everyone informed, Gerd sent me a screen
shot showing a Penny with the same spike that I am experiencing. He said he
will look into it.  Good luck with that, Gerd!

I find that with the PA db gain set above 38DB there is NO Penny lockup and
no spurious images after key up. I set mine to 43db now as suggested by
Phil.  This is a good thing and leaves only the spike issue left to solve.

I am adding a small SS linear amplifier now.

BTW, does anyone know where to find the IMD specs for the Codan linear
amplifier  from a  "Codan Flying Doctor Radio?"  It is 0.5 watt in for 100
watts out module and is an Australian make.

Thanks.

Tom, K1JJ