[hpsdr] one Metis down...

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Feb 20 17:27:28 PST 2011

How the various files are combined to update the flash memory on Metis is
explained in detail in Appendix A of  'Metis - How it works'

At the moment I've only posted the Hermes.rbf file that is used by
HPSDRProgrammer since I need to GPL all the source code. I'll do that
ASAP.

In the mean time if you need access to other Metis files please email me
directly.

With Metis we have tried to move away from the Altera Quartus programming
software since it changes frequently and is not as user friendly as John's
HPSDRProgrammer software. We feel that being able to update the code, both
in Metis and other HPSDR boards, via Ethernet is a step forward.

Having a Bootloader and Main code in the flash memory is a new feature for
an HPSDR project - if the explanation in the documentation is not clear
please let me know and I'll try and improve it.

Understanding how this all works is only really needed by folks who want
to write new code or modify existing. The majority will only need to use
HPSDRProgrammer when new versions of Metis or other HPSDR code is
released.

73 Phil...VK6APH