[hpsdr] one Metis down...

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Feb 20 18:56:29 PST 2011

RRR, Phil.  Understood.  Thanks!

What is interesting about my recent experience with the Metis EEPROM
losing it's mind is that I could not recover from this fault by using
the HPSDRProgrammer  bootloader mode.  It was necessary for me to use
the Quartus II Programmer to load the file "output_file.pof" (which
Jeremy kindly provided to me!) in order to recover from this
particular failure.

After loading the output_file.pof using a blaster cable in conjunction
with the Quartus II Programmer utility I now am able to use both the
normal programming mode and the bootloader mode in the HPSDRProgrammer
utility to update code in the Metis board that previously had failed.
However, should the "no-LEDs-at-all-showing" failure occur again on
this board, I suspect that the bootloader mode in HPSDRProgrammer will
once again not allow me to recover.  I suspect that in this failure
mode it will be necessary for me to once again load the
"output_file.pof" into the EEPROM using a blaster cable and the
Quartus II Programmer to recover.

In any case, thank you all very much for your helpful comments and
providing me with the necessary files to get back up with this Metis
board!

73,  Joe K5SO