[hpsdr] one Metis down...

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Feb 20 19:24:16 PST 2011

Hi Joe,

Good to hear that your are operational again.

Just to note that if you load a file into Metis' flash memory, using a USB
Blaster,  that has not been merged with the Bootloader code then you will
overwrite the original Bootloader and it will no longer function.

The details as to how to merge the files are in the documentation.

John's HPSDRProgrammer code knows about the Bootloader and adds the new
code without overwriting it.

During developemt what I normally do is JTAG load the FPGA using my USB
Blaster since its faster than erasing then programming the flash memory.
JTAG loading also does not overwrite the flash memory but is volatile.

Once the code is working I merge the Bootloader code and load the flash
memory.

Good luck with porting your diversity code to Metis.

73 Phil...VK6APH