[hpsdr] one Metis down...

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Feb 20 19:34:37 PST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 6:56 PM, Joe Martin K5SO wrote:

> However, should the "no-LEDs-at-all-showing" failure occur again on this board, I suspect that the bootloader mode in HPSDRProgrammer will once again not allow me to recover.  I suspect that in this failure mode it will be necessary for me to once again load the "output_file.pof" into the EEPROM using a blaster cable and the Quartus II Programmer to recover.

Note though, Joe, that it's a failure mode that just shouldn't occur at all.  So if it happens again, it's probably indicating some sort of hardware failure.  My thoroughly uneducated guess is that you might have a flakey flash chip on that board that's losing its brains.  Or it could just be a transient cosmic ray that flipped a bit somewhere.  My point being that if it happens again, I'd go into "my hardware diagnostic mode" and run down the problem.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com