[hpsdr] More Strange Behavior PowerSDR 1.19.3.2 , K7SR

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 07:37:30 PST 2011

Hi Phil

Thanks for coming back.

The 100 hz transmit frequency error may have been caused by not having
the source selected.  There is some difficulty in checking this out
without being on the air.

However, after checking penelope as the 10Mhz source, I verified that
the other noted problem still exists.  In fact, I noticed that the
phenomena can be observed while turning off the TUN mode, the tone on
the display shifts from the intended tune frequency to the receive
measured frequency as it dies away.  That is:  if the system is set at
14.18000Mhz with the tune offset set to 600hz, then while tuning the
display shows 14.180600 for the tone.  When TUN is turned off and
PowerSDR goes back to receive mode, the display of the dying tone shifts
to 14.18000, the frequency actually heard on the second receiver.

I will have to set up a test to determine if the 100hz xmit shift has
gone away.

In answer to another question I received, in both versions of PowerSDR
used in the testing, the mode was set to USB (upper sideband) SSB.

73

Mike, K7SR