[hpsdr] SDR1000 with Janus/Ozy

hb9ajp hb9ajp at besonet.ch
Wed Jun 15 14:52:36 PDT 2011

Hi all

to my recent post describing my problem getting SDR-1000 with JanusOzy running, I got many hints and ideas from list members. I tried all of them and I am very grateful for this engagement.

The situation now is the following: Intozy11.bat loads fine (mostly) and PSDR can be loaded and the SDR-1000 relays are clicking. When I check the Janus/Ozy Control box in the Setup/General/Hardware Config menu it is normally accepted (sometimes an Ozy Initialization Error occurs). But when I start PSDR the system does not receive and there is only a straight line displayed in the panadapter and no audio. Sometimes the system goes into transmit mode. The leds D2 and D3 (D4 in transmit) on the Ozy board stay dark.

When I use the M-Audio Delta 44 sound card instead of Janus the system works alright with SDR-1000. Also when I additionally install Mercury I can start PSDR in the HPSDR mode and everything works fine. Therefore the idea arose that there might be something wrong with Janus. I have checked the jumpers on the board and read all Janus/Ozy postings in the archive but could not find an idea how to proceed.

Any hints are appreciated. (PC software is WinXP).

73, Chris HB9AJP