[hpsdr] Dual Mercury clock source?

David Woodhead dwoodhead at bms-inc.com
Mon Mar 14 15:21:33 PDT 2011

My present setup includes a Mercury and Penelope. I modified Mercury to
feed an external 10MHz reference directly onto the board (which I
understand is used only to lock the on-board 122.88MHz osc). I jumper
the 122.88MHz over to Penelope to clock it. I am now adding a 2nd
Mercury to support diversity reception and plan to tie it into the same
122.88MHz output from my exisitng Mercury also (so both Mercury boards
and Penelope will all share a single locked 122.88MHz osc). Anyone see a
problem with this? I get the impression from recent mail that most users
share a 10MHz reference but retain a 122.88MHz oscillator on each board
(all locked to the same reference). My approach saved a few bucks by
only requiring one 122.88MHz osc! Sorry for the long winded question,
I've been absent for a while and just want to make sure I'm not missing
anything?

David
KM5TZ