[hpsdr] programming penelope via METIS - fails

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Mar 17 06:37:22 PDT 2011

Georg,

I, too, have trouble updating any boards via Metis with
HPSDRProgrammer, with the same symptoms as you describe.  I'm still
trying to discover why that might be but my work around is to use either

1)  Quartus II Programmer with a byte blaster cable to directly load
the firmware on to the board, or

2) Remove Metis, install Ozy, and use Ozy to update the firmware via
the Program-Mercury-EPCS16.bat or, in your case, Program-Penelope-
EPCS4.bat method as we normally do with Ozy.

Joe K5SO