[hpsdr] Hardware links from Bruce Perens' talk in the TAPR forum at Dayton 2011

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed May 25 07:33:07 PDT 2011

Dear all:

Here are the links that Bruce Perens sent me that are taken from his
presentation as part of the TAPR forum this year at Dayton.  They are links
to sites with various interesting 'open source' hardware that is relatively
inexpensive.

Note that 'seeed studio' (yes, 3 'E's in seeed) is in China, but are easy to
order from.  I have a 'Dangerous Prototypes' board from them already, that's
a web server on a PIC chip.  Kevin Wheatley (M0KHZ) pointed me at that in
February.

OMAP L138. (TI chip with ARM and a DSP both on board)
I have ordered a pair of the development boards here:
http://www.newark.com/innovate-software-solutions/issplhawklite/development-
tool/dp/79R6460

Papilo FPGA
http://www.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&produc
ts_id=18
Also there is a 32-channel logic analyzer for $50 there.

Arduino http://www.arduino.cc/

$15 CPLD (like you can build things from 74xx series gate equivalent logic,
among other things)
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/xc2c64a-coolrunnerii-cpld-development-board
-p-800.html?cPath=174

Bus Pirate
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/bus-pirate-v3-assembled-p-609.html?cPath=17
4

MakerBot
http://www.google.com/search?q=makerbot&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozil
la:en-US:unofficial&client=iceweasel-a

Enjoy the links!  I hope none of them are too severely damaged by posting.

73,
George K9TRV