[hpsdr] Test

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Mon May 2 15:59:49 PDT 2011

Hi Jim,

Check out this web site:

http://www.iQuadLabs.com

HPSDR boards will be available from iQuadLabs in early June.  So with
Magister, Pennylane and Mercury available from iQuadLabs and Pandora,
Atlas, Metis, LPU, Excalibur and Pennywhistle currently in stock at
TAPR, you can buy a full set of hardware within about 6 weeks.

Alex will be rolling out next, anticipated in mid-to-late June.  That
gives you all the parts for a 20W transceiver.

iQuadLabs was formed to address the very problem that you perceive. I
believe that we will, in fact, succeed in resolving the
problem.  Keep in mind that this problem has been ongoing since TAPR
ran out of Penelope boards in October of 2008; in other words, two
and a half years ago!

If you require a product produced by a company that has a paid
support staff, then I suggest that you go with the FexRadio
5000a.  It is a great radio. On the other hand, FlexRadio and
openHPSDR both have hundreds of "support staff" on their mailing
listservs. And openHPSDR hardware and software is all open source. If
TAPR and iQuadLabs suddenly went away, you (or someone else) could
build the hardware yourself. Or at least maintain/modify/improve it
on your own.

Hope this schedule works out for you!

73,
Scotty WA2DFI