[hpsdr] Metis V1.3 Released

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat May 14 06:50:50 PDT 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 9:23 PM, Phil Harman wrote:

> You can use V1.3 with a single Mercury board or multiple receives
> within the same board. If you are using multiple Mercury boards then
> please wait for an annoucement regarding updated Mercury code from
> Joe before loading V1.3.

Actually, Metis v1.3 is compatible with the current version of
PowerSDR v1.19.3.4.diversity20 (12MAY2011) and Mercury v6.4 with no
changes required since only two Mercury receivers are implemented
(Atlas comm line assignments were made only for Merc3 and Merc4) and
the broadband spectrum feature is not used.

It should be noted that incompatibility arises with Metis v1.3 only if
three or more Mercury boards are used simultaneously (no released
program does that presently anyway) or if the broadband spectrum is
used with more than a single Mercury board present.   I will post a
new version of Mercury firmware before long that handles three or more
Mercury boards appropriately and is compatible with broadband spectrum
communications when multiple Mercury boards are present.

Thanks, Phil!

73,  Joe K5SO