[hpsdr] Diversity measurements

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Oct 6 05:32:42 PDT 2011

Hi Alfred,

Very good.  Thanks for the tests!  Here, in the laboratory, I can
consistently and completely null a 70 dB (or even greater!) signal
into the two Mercury boards.

I'll check into the frequency change behavior you mention.  Earlier I
fixed that bug;  it caused the phase to change when returning to the
original frequency after a frequency change;  that is, unless the
frequency change involved a band change and back, in which case there
will be a change in phase for the null position.  Perhaps the Ozy
version of firmware has a problem with the phase after a frequency
change, in any event I'll check it out thoroughly with both Metis and
Ozy when I get back home.  Perhaps the fix got inadvertently dropped
during the recent revamping of firmware.  I'm out of town for a week
so i can't work on it right at the moment but I will be back home on
Tuesday and will take a look.

Of course, on air measurements will depend very strongly on the
current rf path conditions, as you note.

Thanks again, Alfred!  Nice work.

73,  Joe K5SO