[hpsdr] Beam steering hardware

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 17:44:50 PDT 2011

Hi all,
Jack Smith of Clifton Labs just sold me 4 e probe amplifier board kits without the metal. I'll homebrew the enclosure, antenna and mount. The price is right. I've been playing with antenna simulations  and 2 or 4 e probes into two mercury receivers looks interesting. 4 probes into 4 mercury receivers would be very cool.
Multiple phased exciters sounds cool but not easy to use over a wide frequency range unless  you use inefficient loaded antennas. Interaction between antennas can effect the VSWR.
frank