[hpsdr] VHF/UHF downconverter project for HPSDR

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 02:54:57 PDT 2011

Hi Ante,

If you don't need them "new", you can find a lot of tuners "used" or
"NOS" on Ebay.
Also analog PC TV-cards have nice tuners on them, also to be found
"used" on Ebay.

You could probably use the PC TV card as is and use the existing
software to "tune" it and tap the IF-output and route it to Mercury.
I know this has been done before, it must be somewhere on the internet.

Of course the specs are not up to "Ham standards".
That's why I mentioned "not too demanding"  ;-)

If you really want good specs, you will have to go the route like Phil
and others on this list indicated, starting with a really good spur and
noise free wide range synthesizer.
But that's a whole different and not at all trivial route!

73's,

Henry - PA0HJA