[hpsdr] Problem reflashing Mercury & Penny

Riho B. es7aaz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 09:45:28 PDT 2011

Hi, Justin

Take a look at windows device manager:

1. If you connect Ozy to the PC  you should see "LibUSB-Win32 Devices -
Ozy/Magister Host Assisted Firmware Load"
If not, install libusb signed driver for unkown device -
http://openhpsdr.org/downloads/programs/libusb0-driver-signed/libusb-driver_Signed.zip

2.  Right after running for example Program-Penelope-EPCS4.bat file you
should see "Altera USB-Blaster" under USB controllers section.
If not, install Altera USB-Blaster drivers for unkown device which are
in catalog C:\altera\10.1sp1\qprogrammer\drivers\usb-blaster

However, Quartus II Programmer v11didn't work for me and came up with
the same error message - "Programming hardware cable not detected"
I'm using v10.1sp1 now instead and this version works OK . You can find
it here:
https://www.altera.com/download/software/prog-software/10.1sp1

Rgds,
Riho, ES7AAZ.

11.09.2011 9:08, Justin Giles-Clark kirjutas: