[hpsdr] Mercury Spurious Emissions

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Sun Sep 11 21:39:18 PDT 2011

I acknowledge that my poorly-grounded station is even more poorly grounded
than I thought.  I think I was referencing the "ground" connection of the
battery as being completely unrelated to anything signal-ground-ish.  On the
positive side, I think I discovered a ground stake outside under the
telephone box I may try to use (unless it's been contaminated by say
everything currently plugged into my house)

As for apertures, I'm seeing the ventilation holes are ~38mm and the slots
are ~114mm, which offhand seem like they would strongly attenuate any
signals passing through a properly-grounded shield, but then again I'm
getting most of my information from google, so this link of
(mis?)information is probably the last piece I intend to contribute to this
thread: http://www.eetasia.com/ARTICLES/2000DEC/2000DEC01_RFD_ID_TA.PDF<http://www.eetasia.com/ARTICLES/2000DEC/2000DEC01_RFD_ID_TA.PDF?SOURCES=DOWNLOAD>