[hpsdr] My PA & Alex

PETER BUCK peteg3lwt at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 12 03:26:36 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,
I may be wrong but having just seen this saga I have an idea the problem may be the PA and not your hpsdr setup. I'm not clear where Alex is in the chain - is it before the amp? If so, if you imagine yourself in the PA input circuit looking backwards to the drive source, has the source changed in the sense of primarily inductive or capacitative since your previous working setup?
My experience is that some amplifiers are very sensitive to this issue. I found some amp designs fed via an Pi network ( inductive) were unstable, but perfectly tame with a T input (more capacitative). Hope this helps!
Pete G3LWT