[hpsdr] Direction Finder using Dual-Mercury Diversity Operation

Abhi Arunoday abhiarunoday at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:32:01 PDT 2011

Hi Joe,

I would use hermes only if the multiple receivers would run inside the one
FPGA, use the same clock, ADC and the ethernet interface which are all
available on Hermes, i'm not sure if this will work for diversity reception
or DF though?

I believe multiple ADCs would be needed, therefore, 2x or 3x mercury cards
can be used as is the case now or all the ADCs could use the same FPGA and
ethernet interface, this would need to go on a new PCB,

I'm OK with all options,  it seems if we need multiple ADCs then  Mercury
boards can be used but at a higher cost than using one FPGA and multiple
ADCs.

Abhi