[hpsdr] Direction Finder using Dual-Mercury Diversity Operation

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Sep 22 12:26:55 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Nope, to be coherent, the Hermes would need to have a common 122.88
MHz osc (or equivalent clock, since I don't know for sure that Hermes
uses 122.88MHz).  Using a common 10 MHz source won't do it, I'm
afraid.  But that issue can in principle be solved as it is currently
solved in the multiple Mercury applications, with inter-board cable
connections from a single clock.  It's a little messy though and
doesn't gain you anything more than using multiple Mercury boards
(which already work!), I think.

RRR, on the transmit beam forming idea.  I've been thinking about that
too, using multiple Penelope boards.  Guess I'll sort out the Rx end
first, hihi.  Maybe you (or someone else) want()s to tackle the
multiple Tx project now though.  I'd be happy to see that!

73,  Joe K5SO