[hpsdr] Mercury and 28Mhz receive

Graham / KE9H ke9h at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 26 09:03:04 PDT 2011

Mike:

As far as any Mercury alias, the equation will be Alias = ABS(122.88 MHz
- Fc)

So, could be FM two-way radio at 122.88 + 28.xxx MHz, or FM broadcast at
122.88 - 28.xxx MHz.
But if not near-by and you have ALEX in line, then that is an unlikely
source.

As far as the cross modulation, it sounds like you have one or both
Noise Blankers (NB or NB2)
turned on.  Turn off both noise blankers and try again.
The current noise blankers in PowerSDR have a known behavior that they
produce
cross modulation in the presence of a strong signal.  Most noise
blankers will do this, because
the noise blanker signal gate is behaving like a mixer.

--- Graham / KE9H

==