[hpsdr] Excalibur - Rubidium Standard Calibration Question - Phase Question

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Mon Apr 2 11:47:54 PDT 2012

HPSDR,

Borrowed a Rubidium Standard from AE6PM - to calibrate Excalibur - have a
few questions -

Is it possible the Green LED, for instance, could stay on for a shorter
period of time than the Red LED if there is an issue with phase?  Or maybe
duty-cycle?

I currently have Excalibur adjusted so it is about 8-seconds Green LED on;
8-seconds Red LED on - so I suppose that is good.

Note when I got this adjustment to work - seemed like the on-times for both
LED's stabilized a bit.  (Rubidium Standard was warmed up of-course and
locked.)

I then ran the 10MHz calibrate function on PowerSDR.  If the above is
indeed working - then my error is 1/16 Hz - correct?

73's,
John
AJ6BC