[hpsdr] Help needed with Penelope Programming

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Wed Apr 18 18:59:02 PDT 2012

Connie,

The Byte Blaster should work as long as you have the JTAG Bus terminated
properly.

I have had these timeouts occur as well - just retry - sometimes it takes a
couple of times.

Try taking all of the other boards off of the Atlas bus with only Metis.
 Refer to the doc jumper settings to make sure you have the
'Last JTAG Device' jumper set or whatever that is called on Metis.

Phil - I just reviewed the docs - I don't see a 'Last JTAG Device' jumper
on Metis - is one defined?  Will the Byte Blaster work properly if Metis is
the only device on the bus?
Or do you have to use the HPSDRProgrammer?  Meaning, Metis can be used to
program other boards via JTAG but not itself?

73's,
John
AJ6BC