[hpsdr] Help needed with Penelope Programming

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Apr 18 19:20:10 PDT 2012

John,

There is no 'Last JTAG' jumper on Metis since is intended to be a JTAG
master device.

Metis itself is updated using HPSDRProgrammer in either normal or
bootloader mode or using an Altera USB Blaster (original or clone) and the
relevant Altera software.

As explained in the Metis user guide, if you load a *.pof file directly
into Metis using a USB Blaster then you will overwrite the Bootloader
code.

If you wish to use a USB Blaster then load the Bootloader code first then
use HPSDRProgrammer to load the release of Metis you require.

If for some reason you are unable to do this, and can only use the USB
Blaster, then let me know and I make a pof image that contains both the
bootloader and the version of Metis you require.

Instructions are in the Metis documentation that explains how to build a
combined image yourself if you what to give it a try.

73 Phil...VK6APH