[hpsdr] First-time Metis install - Error starting HPSDR hardware

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:25:46 PDT 2012

I decided to modernize and move from Ozy to Metis.

When I try to start PowerSDR, I get this message:
Error starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powered?

What should I look for?

Do I have to configure the second NIC in Windows 7?

Configuration:

A fresh Windows 7 Home install plus .Net Framework 1.1

PowerSDR from branches > kd5tfd > PennyMerge > bin > release
It says it's (KD5TFD 2Feb2011b - derived from v1.10.4+ BaseSVN
2025)

Ran PowerSDR as Administrator

Setup checks on:
HPSDR
Metis
Mercury
Receive Only
Metis Address IP: 0.0.0.0  MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00

PC has a second NIC with a regular cable to the Metis - NIC
shows a 100 connection

Atlas board has a known good Mercury and a new Metis.

The Metis board is a TAPR original, just broke the seal on the
envelope.

The Metis LEDS 14, 11, and 23 are blinking, rest of the row is dark.

Mike - AA8K