[hpsdr] HPSDR Win7 new user

Robert Wallace rjwall2 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 3 04:33:39 PST 2012

Hi all, I have finally got around to commissioning my HPSDR, Magister and
Mercury on Atlas. I have tried various means without success.

I can communicate OK with the boards via USB but POWERSDR RX2 (W5WC) does
not operate with the firmware revision (bypass firmware check box checked).

Without firmware bypass results in:

Invalid firmware

Ozy 2.4

Mercury 2.9

I am en-devouring to upgrade my Mercury firmware to 3.3 with qprogrammer
10.1SP1 and have loaded the appropriate software and drivers all of which
run OK (USB blaster appearing in the device manager) up to the point of
downloading the firmware, at which point the error msg:

"Hardware cable not detected appears".

I have changed the code directory to the correct folder in C drive.

I considered trying to load the magister firmware however it does not appear
in the list of updates I have, only Janus, Penelope and Mercury.

I am using a windows 7, 64 bit machine, do I need to use another PC? XP
32bit or XP 64bit?

Any tips appreciated

Rob Wallace

VK6KAA