[hpsdr] Multi-Rx operation w/Alex

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Dec 1 10:58:46 PST 2012

Hi Rod,

When using Hermes (or a single Mercury) with multiple receivers operating the Alex filters are switched according to whether you have selected automatic Alex switching or manual Alex switching.

 If in automatic mode, the HPFs (the filters on the Rx Alex fliter board) are switched to the high pass filter appropriate for the lowest frequency of the multiple receivers and the LPFs (the filters on the Tx Alex filter board) are switched to the low pass filter appropriate for highest frequency being used by the multiple receivers, except on transmit in which case the LPFs are switched to the filter appropriate for the transmit frequency.

This arrangement allows all bands that are being used by the multiple receivers to pass through Alex, automatically.

In manual Alex switching mode the filters are switched according to how you have set the frequency limits on the manual Alex setup menu.

If your Alex filters are not switching in this manner then further examination is indicated to determine why not.

73,  Joe K5SO