[hpsdr] Hermes/Metis Gnuradio update

john jbden at charter.net
Mon Dec 10 17:21:23 PST 2012

On 12/10/2012 05:50 PM, John Petrich wrote:

> All,
>
> Tom, N5EG, has been posting his experience with developing a Hermes
> source block for GNU Radio Companion.  I thank him for his hard work
> in this area.
>
> My question to the group; does anyone know if an Atlas bus HPSDR
> system with Metis would function like Hermes in the GRC DSP
> application?  Is there anything unique about the Atlas bus system with
> the two FPGA's that would preclude this functionality?  I have a USB
> bus system and would gladly substitute Metis and the Ethernet
> interface if it was clear that I could use that combination with GRC.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John, W7FU

Also a special thanks to Tom for making gnuradio available. It built
fine, but I am not getting any
output. I am using Linux Mint 64bit with Metis, Penelope, and Mercury.
It my be that I am using a different firmware from what he developed his
code with. I am using latest firmware.
Thanks for any help.
John N4HXL