[hpsdr] Metis not playing nice

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Tue Feb 14 22:02:24 PST 2012

G'day,

I'm trying to update Metis to V1.7 using HPSDRProgrammer V1.6. It finds
the card, which had Metis_V1.6 loaded, but fails to program it. No error
messages, but the write process appeared to happen way to fast. Using
Quartus II and a USB Blaster programmer I was able to load the Metis
V1.7 after generating a JIC file.

I tried again to program Metis with HPSDRProgrammer to no avail.
Programming in bootloader mode as administrator/root also fails with
HPSDRProgrammer asking to place JP1 and power cycling the board,
although JP1 was inserted.

I've tried using HPSDRProgrammer on Windows7, WinXP and Ubuntu 11.10,
all with the same result.

Is there anything else I can try? Are there any tests that would help in
determining whether there is a hardware problem?

73, Berndt
VK5ABN