[hpsdr] Penelope - no RF

Peter Schrader lists at rumpleteazer.net
Sun Feb 26 15:28:23 PST 2012

Hi there,

I have been chasing my tail for a number of weeks now.  I have a
Penelope that refuses to produce any power, first thing was to fix the
T2 orientation, install Pennywhistle (separately tested) then eagerly
waited for Alex to arrive.

Still no indication of RF in PowerSDR using TUN or MOX (AM/FM).  The
per-band transmit settings have been configured as per the instructions.

With 100% drive selected, I see about 100mV (p-p) on R17 (DAC output),
thanks to a nearby operator with a HPSDR this seems to be a little low
(he reports about 1V (p-p) from the DAC, with a corresponding higher
output from the opamp feeding the BNC jack).  My wattmeter does register
any power from the output jack, I do see a small signal with the CRO
though (amplified OK by the opamp).

All supply rails check out.

Is there another configuration thing somewhere that would prevent the
DAC from producing more volts?

The receiver works beautifully, Alex seems to be doing it's thing with
antenna selection.

Cheers,
Peter (VK4EA)