[hpsdr] KK Unified 1.1.13 pushed to my area

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Jul 8 09:27:02 PDT 2012

Dear All,
I've uploaded KK Unified 1.1.13 to my development area for further testing.
It replaces 1.1.12, which was improperly showing as 1.1.11 on the title bar!

Also Chris 4X1RF was/is having problems running the previous.  The error he
gets is that there is an exception when he's using Ozy, Ozy isn't yet loaded
(say by PowerSDR), and Chris clicks on the 'Off' button to start the radio.
The error occurs when KK tries to run 'initozy11.bat'.  But this all works
fine for me!  It only fails if initozy11.bat is missing, or somehow got
mis-named during download (say by not using TortoiseSVN to get the files but
by using the web interface), and maybe the file ends up as being named
'initozy11.bat.txt'.

So what's new in 1.1.13?
1) now that there are Ozy/Magister and Metis version consistency checks
introduced with 1.1.12, Phil VK6APH reminded my off-list that I needed to
add a 'Skip Version Checking' option, which is now present on the first
tab/page of the setup form.
2) added checking for the NEW metis firmware version 18, that caused Phil to
have to gently remind me...
3) added checking in Ozy/Magister code for the presence of initozy11.bat
BEFORE trying to run it and possibly throw an exception.  If not found, KK
looks for similar files (beginning with 'initozy11', to maybe find
'initozy11.bat.txt' and the like), and gives a warning to the user.  Once
the user clicks OK on the warning, the radio reverts to the 'off' state, as
trying to start it would have only failed.

Path to the new code (with double-quotes so that the whole thing makes it, I
hope!):
"http://svn.tapr.org/repos_hpsdr_kiss/branches/K9TRV/KISS Konsole Unified"

I'd like some other people to test this, please, before I put whatever
results as the code that works to the 'stable releases' area.

73,
George K9TRV