[hpsdr] Comparison of Hermes to Atlas HPSDR Hardware

Richard Stasiak richardstasiak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:00:45 PDT 2012

I presently have almost two Atlas HPSDR Sets. They have provided a lot of fun for me over the past few years.  I am grateful to all of the Amateurs that made the system a reality.

Now that Hermes is about to be released and it has been announced that there will be a two week purchase window, I am sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to take the plunge and invest in the latest hardware without having a lot of information to make the decision.

One of my concerns is being left behind if all further software development concentrates on the Hermes hardware and is not applicable to the Atlas HPSDR set.

Is it possible to have a comparison of the advantages and dis-advantages of Hermes vs the original Atlas based board set?

73

Rick ve3mm