[hpsdr] Penelope Troubleshooting

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Sat Jul 28 14:39:57 PDT 2012

It didn't take very long for me to exceed my troubleshooting skills so it's
time to ask for help.
This is a Penelope that I populated (the source of the problem).

I had no errors loading the code through Ozy.
On power up I have LED1 solid and LED7 on slow blink.
When I push the TUN button LED7 changes to a faster blink. My understanding
is that everything is correct to this point.

I get 0 output. PowerSDR also shows 0 output with drive at 100. PA is all
set to 38.8. Tuned to 7.2.
I also have 0 volts on pins 1 & 2 of both JP 2 & 3.
I do not see any solder bridges but I know that is no guarantee, what else
can I check to find the source of no output?
Thanks!
--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK