[hpsdr] Mic on Pennylane doesn't work after upgrading Firmwareto V1.7

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Jul 8 10:39:16 PDT 2012

Chris,
You couldn't have had the 'same' warning message that Phil got.  Phil is
using Metis and you are using Ozy/magister.  The messages are different.
The sets of versions that they compare are different.  In Phil's case, he
was working with an as-yet-unreleased Metis 1.8 (18), and got the default
message for 'I don't know about that version (Metis)'.

You might have gotten something for Ozy, but I'm not sure what you would
have gotten, as the Ozy version checking code includes Ozy v22.  Now if I
was originally given a BAD version of Ozy 22, that reported as something
else, you would have gotten a version mismatch message.  That could be the
case.  But that's NOT the same issue that Phil got.

In the future, it's MUCH BETTER to quote the message that you got exactly,
rather than to presume that you got the 'same' message, especially when Phil
did NOT quote verbatim the message that he got.  That means that it's very
hard for you to establish that you got the same message that Phil got.
Probably, I'd be the only one who could establish that at this time, but
only if given all the details, and quotes of the error message (verbatim,
NOT paraphrased!)

It also turned out that Chris's problems were indeed due to initozy11.bat
being actually named initozy11.bat.txt!  But then, if you haven't gone to
the Folder Options dialog, gone to the 'View' tab, and unchecked 'hide
extentions of known file types', you have no way to know the actual name of
ANY file on your system!

73,
George K9TRV