[hpsdr] ADC Question

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue Jul 24 13:50:17 PDT 2012

On 7/24/2012 9:40 PM, Bill Tracey wrote:
> In short, you have to rejigger the firmware to present 48/96/192 khz
> samples to the PC.  I have a suspicion it's may not be trivial to do
> a non integral decimation in the firmware.
Is there really such a constraint ? Why the software running on the PC must be fed with
48/96 or 192 kHz samples ? Aren't those rates an heritage from the sound card era ?
Take for example Perseus.  Its DDC sends to the PC rates of 125, 250, 500 kHz,
1M or 2M samples/sec.  Both the original Perseus software and my Winrad are perfectly
capable to cope with those rates.  IMHO there is nothing magic with 48/96/192 kHz.

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*/