[hpsdr] Griffin PowerMate USB control

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Fri Mar 16 05:18:42 PDT 2012

Hi Joe

Many thanks for the info about the PowerMate - much appreciated.  I have got
used to using a mouse for main tuning with my Elecraft K3 with an outboard
Softrock and CW Skimmer, but still use the manual IRT on the radio.

Operating in a CW contest or running a pile-up on the low bands with the K3,
often the IRT is about the only control I touch - and is just about the most
important control on the radio for me personally. Now if I can do the same
with the HPSDR and PowerSDR/OpenSDR, that would be fantastic!

I think I know someone who has a Griffin PowerMate locally and will see if
he will lend it to me for a few days to see how it goes.  ;-)

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

------------

Hi Steve,

The PowerMate USB control from Griffin Technology works nicely with PowerSDR
for RIT control, if you really want a knob to turn.  I find the control very
useful in following the "drifting" signals you sometimes find in EME
operations, without changing your Tx freq.

https://store.griffintechnology.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=powerMate
<https://store.griffintechnology.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=powerMate&op=Se
arch&form_build_id=form-26a2a21f5b32e73277f2de0b9a57cb56&form_id=search_them
e_form>
&op=Search&form_build_id=form-26a2a21f5b32e73277f2de0b9a57cb56&form_id=searc
h_theme_form

73,  Joe K5SO