[hpsdr] [Discuss-gnuradio] Software Defined Radio DirectionFinding (SDRDF)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Mar 4 17:10:12 PST 2012

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the message!  Very good suggestion about using a common CORDIC for all of the Mercs.  I'll see if I can figure out how to do that, sounds interesting.

I've played around with using a common 80 KHz clock, in addition to the common 122.88 MHz clock, passing the 80 KHz clock from one master Merc to the other Mercs on Atlas C18, in addition to using Atlas C2 for synchronization of the reset hold on all Mercs but so far none of that has made much difference.  I was thinking that perhps the source of some of this randomness might be due to the various PLLs taking different amounts of time to achieve lock but after getting rid of the PLLs I still have the problem so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

I've been chatting with Scotty this afternoon about possible solutions.  He described a new hardware configuration that he wants to implement but we both agree that it wouldn't likely produce any better results than I have already explored with holding C122_rst in reset in various ways and for various lengths of time.

Thanks, Phil; you're usually good for a novel approach!!  I appreciate it.

73,  Joe K5SO