[hpsdr] PennyWhistle Connection Diagram

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Tue Mar 6 14:21:16 PST 2012

John,

I think you are correct. Below is my e-mail from 11/21/2009.  I was
under the impression that the documentation had been changed to correct
the inconsistency back then but apparently not.

Pete, N3EVL

"...***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

The connection diagram on page 5 of the Pennywhistle Assembly and
Operating Instructions document shows the 3-pin header numbers with 1
labeled as Bias Control and 2 labeled as ground.
This appears to be at odds with the schematic which shows 1 ground and 2
Bias Control.

Since tests with my ohm meter agree with the schematic, it appears that
the connection diagram is incorrect.

The last thing I have to do is wire up the control cable to this header
and the DB25 - want to make sure I have it correct.

Pete, N3EVL