[hpsdr] Newbie wants in :)

Lucas Vogel vk4kyt at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:28:32 PDT 2012

Hi all ...
Following a recent tech-talk at my local radio club I became intrigued by SDR and the possibilities it offered in terms of my hobby and other aligned interests namely computers and programming.

Delving into this new field (new to me) has opened a pandoras box of questions and queries.

I guess my first question to get the ball rolling is "HOW" do I go about getting started? Funds are a bit limited so I would like to implement my SDR over a bit of time but I have no idea where to start ... Perhaps the Atlas backplane and one or two cards?

Is there a definitive newbies guide?

--
Cheers
Luke