[hpsdr] write_i2c under Debian 32-bit 6.0.3

Forrest Myers fmyers at fmyers.com
Sun Nov 18 16:36:48 PST 2012

I have a mercury-ozy setup that I've used for a few years under Windows
XP It works very well with that system but I want to move to Linux for
various reasons. I downloaded and built the code on my Linux machine and
everything seems to work except that I can't get the write_i2c to work.
Every write_i2c fails with zero bytes written. I put some dubug code
into write_i2c and it shows that all seems to be well until the
following line is executed,( rc = HPSDR_Write_I2C(devh, i2c_address,
buf, count); ).  This is the code in write_12c.c that talks to the USB
system on the computer. The return code indicates that no bytes were
written. I'm wondering if there is some sort of problem in my version of
Debian Linux (6.0.3) that is causing this .
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Forrest Myers
--
Sent via my home brew M1A1 boat computer.