[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes/Apache-Labs ANAN-10 -- Proposing Newbie Group??

Larry J on Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop larry at foxgulch.com
Mon Nov 19 09:15:59 PST 2012

I have my Apache-Labs ANAN-10 and TAPR Hermes installed.  I have power out (25+ watts on 20M) and a receiver (which is equal to my Electraft K3!!)  running under Win 7 OpenHPSR v2.2.3 (11/5/12) which I listen to via a set of powered external stereo speakers hooked up to the Hermes phone jack.

Next I fired up a copy of FLDIGI  and  set Capture=Microphone(USB Audio Codec)  and PlayBack to Speakers(...).   I can copy  CW  and BPSK-31.  Haven't been able to transmit/trigger Hermes  via fldigi yet.

All the while, I made all the usual newbie mistakes.   So I am wondering if there are any other Hermes/ANAN10  newbies like me that would be interested in starting a discussion group (say on Google Groups) off this list where we could assist one another  and  not clog this reflector?

If interested,  please email me off the list using the email address below.

Thanks and 73,

Larry J.   W0AY

larry at foxgulch.com