[hpsdr] is Alex working

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Nov 3 15:39:27 PDT 2012

Steve,

From your description it sounds to me that your Alex filter set is working just fine; there should be negligible insertion loss for the filters when they are automatically switched according to your operating frequency.

For example, if you are running PowerSDR and you have the front panel Alex control selected (Alex is also specified as being present in the Setup > Hardware Config menu) the relays/filters in Alex will change automatically when you change bands (except between bands that actually use the same filters, of course!).  If the front panel Alex control is de-selected then Alex will be controlled by how you have the manual Alex control settings configured in the Setup > Alex > Filters menu.

For proper Alex control I recommend that you use the current firmware versions for Metis (v2.1) and Mercury (v3.3).

You do not need Penelope or PennyLane to operate as you desire.

73,  Joe K5SO