[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes J15 problem?

John radio at mediacombb.net
Wed Nov 28 17:32:37 PST 2012

Is there a layout error in the TAPR Hermes board or am I doing something
wrong?

I have an Alex that came with a cable for connecting the I2C bus.  I
ordered a mating male connector to solder on my Hermes board in the J15
position.  However, if I were to install the connector I ordered, the
housing would rest upon C49 and obstruct some of the connector holes for
J19.

Did I order the wrong housing or is there a problem with the circuit
board layout?  I prefer to use a keyed plug arrangement.

Here are descriptive photos of my situation:

    http://www.n-connect.net/radio/Ham_Pix/Hermes%20Pix/Alex%20Cable.JPG

    http://www.n-connect.net/radio/Ham_Pix/Hermes%20Pix/Hermes%20J15.JPG

    http://www.n-connect.net/radio/Ham_Pix/Hermes%20Pix/J15%20Alignment.JPG

    http://www.n-connect.net/radio/Ham_Pix/Hermes%20Pix/J15%20Top%20View.JPG