[hpsdr] Hermes Troublshooting Help

Dave Watson davewatson at charter.net
Tue Oct 30 17:21:40 PDT 2012

:-(

While setting up the bread board to toggle the PennyWhistle and then the
Juma amplifiers, it looks like I sent  12V to J11 and popped a hole in Q2.
All diodes except D23, D25-D28 went off. No sign of any connectivity to the
network on the switch. I ordered a replacement 2N7002K for Q2 from DigiKey
yesterday but I don't think that alone would knock out the TCP/IP
connectivity and the status diodes . Looking for troubleshooting kick start.
I've been taking voltage measurements on the board from the schematics but
got to thinking there may be some firmware I zapped which needs reloading
through a method not accessible when the TCP/IP route is blocked. I've done
a complete inspection of the top and the bottom of the board and this is the
only sign of visible damage.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Dave (W4DJW)

:-(