[hpsdr] ADC Overload.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Sun Sep 16 13:31:01 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Lately, and for reasons I know not what of, I've  been plagued with RF
getting back into Mercury via its antenna input, causing the ADC warning
to show.  I've noticed that when I run in tx mode with Mercury's
attenuator switch set at -20 dB the problem ceases to exist.  Would it
be possible to write into the software the instruction to hold Mercury's
attenuator switch at -20dB whenever Penelope is tx-ing, and to release
that instruction when back in receive mode?

Now I know what you will say, and that is, why don't you sort out the
problem you've got yourself rather than ask a software engineer to find
a way around it for you?  Believe me I've tried, and to no avail, cable
layout, station element positions etc.  I'm no engineer of any sort, but
it seems to me that to turn off Mercury's preamp when transmitting would
probably be good practice in any event, or am I talking rubbish?

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.