[hpsdr] ADC Overload.

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Sun Sep 16 14:20:27 PDT 2012

Jeff,

Sorry to hear of the RF problem--I know they can be difficult.

For those of us who, for various reasons, use full-duplex, I don't think
it's a good idea to enforce the 20dB attenuation when transmitting.  I
suppose it could be an optional setting.

I run 1500W here (US legal limit) with no problems.  Perhaps you have an
antenna switch problem?

73,

Warren  NR0V

- - - - - - - -

Lately, and for reasons I know not what of, I've  been plagued with RF
getting back into Mercury via its antenna input, causing the ADC warning to
show.  I've noticed that when I run in tx mode with Mercury's attenuator
switch set at -20 dB the problem ceases to exist.  Would it be possible to
write into the software the instruction to hold Mercury's attenuator switch
at -20dB whenever Penelope is tx-ing, and to release that instruction when
back in receive mode?

Now I know what you will say, and that is, why don't you sort out the
problem you've got yourself rather than ask a software engineer to find a
way around it for you?  Believe me I've tried, and to no avail, cable
layout, station element positions etc.  I'm no engineer of any sort, but it
seems to me that to turn off Mercury's preamp when transmitting would
probably be good practice in any event, or am I talking rubbish?

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.
HPSDR Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
Subscription help: