[hpsdr] Built in Antenna Tuner

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Mon Sep 17 04:44:49 PDT 2012

Hi Bhanu, All

I agree completely. I am using a computer controllable antenna coupler
with bistable relays to switch the coils and the condensors. When I tune
the frequency of my HPSDR system, I can push a button on the PC screen,
and the coupler will use the nearest tuning frequency it has in a list.

There are so many different antennas and tuning possibilities, that I
don't see a a fully integrated solution, which would be ok for all
amateurs.

I am very happy with the HPSDR project as it is now. Let us concentrate
on the points which are really special: direct conversion, diversity rx,
FPGA-work, Class-E-TX etc. (And not to forget Hermes as a VNA!! Thanks
Phil!).

73, alfred, hb9epu