[hpsdr] munin

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 25 17:41:05 PDT 2013

hi All,
I wonder if there is any issue with type 61 material in the munin output transformer on
160 meters. The primary inductance is a bit low. I looked at the final FET application
note and found found a core with a ui=1400 was used.
Type 43 seems to work ok on 6 meters.
Once I finish my summer projects I will be building 2 amplifiers. I plan to use larger
heat spreaders and big heat sinks to handle high bias. My plan is to use a pair of amplifiers
at low power to improve the IMD at 100 watts.
I was once told you can bend a tight bend in thin wall copper tubing if you fill the tube with
sand first so it doesn't crush. I've never tried it though. I think silver plated double shield
from RG400 or RG142 would make a lower resistance primary.
Frank WA1GFZ