[hpsdr] Angelia and Hermes External Clock problem

John Sager john at sager.me.uk
Mon Aug 19 14:01:05 PDT 2013

Beat me to it! I've just come to the same conclusion. I have a 'dead
bug' lash-up using a 74HCT14 sitting on top of the filters next to
J16 and I get the same result as you. I originally changed R128, R139,
R141 & R142 to give a 3.3v swing but, as you say, this didn't solve
the problem. Now I get a solid performance with 0dBm ref input. It
loses lock at -11dBm but is working well at -8dBm. I'll be replacing
the dead bug with a small board sitting on J23, J24 like you have.

73 John G8ONH