[hpsdr] Hermes and Angelia on same net

John Laur johnlaur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 08:23:13 PST 2013

Brian,

PowerSDR can run multiple instances, yes. There is a commandline option to
tell it where to load/store its configuration database. Of course you will
need to configure each instance of PowerSDR to use a static radio address
instead of relying on discovery. You will also to set up one directory
which is writable to PowerSDR for each instance you want to run. For
convenience you can set up windows shortcuts for each to automatically
include the option.

PowerSDR.exe -datapath:C:\PowerSDR\Angelia

PowerSDR.exe -datapath:C:\PowerSDR\Hermes

You can save a little time by copying the "wisdom" and "specWisdom"
files from your default install into each new datapath directory
before you start the new instance of PowerSDR for the first time
otherwise you will have to wait for it to do FFT optimizations for
each instance (they should be the same on the same system). You will
get a prompt when starting the second instance of powersdr that there
are multiple instances running. That is OK as long as each instance is
running with a unique datapath.

73 John KF5SAB